Emily and I ganged up and painted Lydia's toes purple. They're so cute and she'll touch them and then looks at us and giggle. Mom loved it and Emily and I painted ours to match. Benjamin had a hard time understanding why he couldn't paint his too.
Tomorrow, of course, is the opening day of gun season. Daniel gets to go on his first gun hunt in Michigan, which has him quite excited. I'm even going up in the afternoon - I get to go milk goats in the morning (doing a friend's chores - Dad calls me the goat whisperer), then I'll join the rest of the crew for an evening hunt. I'm not the one with the gun though - just along for the ride.
And so, the Kunkel's wind down for the evening. Mom is reading to Ben and Lydia, Joey and Matthew are chasing each other around the coffee table, Emily is reading over my shoulder, Robbie is 'quietly' playing a Mozart piece, and Dad and Daniel are making last-minute preparations for tomorrow's hunt. In a few minutes we will pray and half of us, at least will be in bed. Good night all.
~Megan
2 comments:
Megan you made me feel the quietness in your home just reading that!
And, I must share, one of my boys "insisted" in nail polish once. To Hal's horror, we painted them. (Come on, he was only 3 - and never again). But it made for a funny experience. Also, seeing little ones light up at the color is fun too. Serena painted Mo's the other day...it's so amazing to them! Precious times!
Mrs. C. Nottingham
I love your updates! Thanks for sharing them. I'd love to hear Robbie's Mozart and borrow that great color of purple that you used. :-) Okay, I admit, the coffee sounds excellent, too. Say hello to everyone from us.
Love,
Mrs. Brey
Post a Comment