They bring the greatest panic when we're trying to go somewhere and can't find them! But this time they bring great joy! I imagine for a middle child of 8 kids to get something that is not a hand-me-down, something new off the shelf that you actually get to cut tags of is pretty exciting! Especially when it's not even your birthday! This time it was Joey's turn to get new shoes! Our biggest dilema was whether to get laces or velcro. He wanted to learn to tie, but Jeff and I were a bit apprehensive because we knew if he didn't learn quickly, we were committed to tying them for him until he did. And re-tying them. And re-tying. We conceeded to his wishes and brought the tying shoes home. Joey imediately cut the tags off and asked when he would get his first lesson in tying! He followed me around, making sure as soon as I finished a few things I was keeping my word. So we sat on the couch and did the whole rabbit hole, rabbit ear routine. It took him 3 tries and he could do it all on his own! He was so excited he wanted to sleep with them!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Shoes!
They bring the greatest panic when we're trying to go somewhere and can't find them! But this time they bring great joy! I imagine for a middle child of 8 kids to get something that is not a hand-me-down, something new off the shelf that you actually get to cut tags of is pretty exciting! Especially when it's not even your birthday! This time it was Joey's turn to get new shoes! Our biggest dilema was whether to get laces or velcro. He wanted to learn to tie, but Jeff and I were a bit apprehensive because we knew if he didn't learn quickly, we were committed to tying them for him until he did. And re-tying them. And re-tying. We conceeded to his wishes and brought the tying shoes home. Joey imediately cut the tags off and asked when he would get his first lesson in tying! He followed me around, making sure as soon as I finished a few things I was keeping my word. So we sat on the couch and did the whole rabbit hole, rabbit ear routine. It took him 3 tries and he could do it all on his own! He was so excited he wanted to sleep with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment