Monday, October 26, 2009

Still awake...

Rachel Wissmann wrote this song to encourage her father, and it has greatly encouraged us well.

I Am Your Shield

My child, are you discouraged
by the sorrows of the day?
Does it seem that life is crumbling,
the skies are turned to grey?
Don't forget, I gave you promises
To guide you every hour.
In the moment of your heartbreak,
Let Me show you My great power.

And I will be your shield,
When the battle rages on.
And I will be your light,
When the way ahead is dark.
I will be your strong tower,
To guide you every hour.
Just place your life completely in My hands.

I know it won't be easy,
I never said it would.
But My grace will always be there,
My plans for you are good.
Remember that your weaknesses
Are perfect in My sight.
Only when you yield them to Me,
Can I turn them into might.

And someday you will understand
Why I sent this trial.
And someday you will see the end,
And know it's all worthwhile.

And I will be your shield,
When the battle rages on.
And I will be your light,
When the way ahead is dark.
I will be your strong tower,
To guide you every hour.
Just place your life completely in My hands.

No comments: