Friday, October 15, 2010

My first deer

















I am an "Officialy Hunter of the Family" (OHF) and "Ohio Deer Hunter" (ODH). Tuesday I got my first deer. Here's the story: Me, Dad, and Daniel went to ohio on tuesday. Dropped off Daniel at his stand and went to our stand. 15-20 minutes later a buttonbuck came out. Buttonbuck's have crazy mind's. (Once, a buttonbuck came up to Robbie's stand, I mean right up to the ladder. Robbie dumped water right by it's head, it backed away, and came back, does the same thing.) So, this buttonbuck is eating acorn's really loud, it looked me straight in the eye. We didn't want to shoot a buttonbuck because in a year or two he'll probably be a nice buck. So, we, "let him go so he can grow". This buttonbuck stayed around for about 30-45 minutes. Then a doe stepped out. I had a tag for a buck and a doe, let me tell you I started breathing really heavy. This was my first deer so I was breathing heavy. Dad said,"Take a deep breath". It started to walk away so I took a deep breath. Then, just before it went in the brush, it gave me a open shot. I shot it and it ran about 75 yards and died in the field.





Matt















1 comment:

cHim-prints said...

Congratulations Matt! Looks like you got a really nice doe. All that target practice pays off, doesn't it?

Good for you!