Friday, November 13, 2009

Recovering

We went to the heart Dr. on Tuesday, two weeks after my surgery, and he was concerned about 2 things, a possible infection or a possible blood clot. First we had to draw blood to check for infection and if that proves negative, which it has so far, then he will put me on a stronger blood thinner (I'm just taking aspirin now and will have to for 6 months). That evening my heart rate started dropping, being on the beta blocker is suppose to keep it low, but mine has dropped down into the 40's. This was becoming painful, my heart was beating slow and hard like a base drum and would hurt up to my jaw bone, and force me to cough. I couldn't sleep well for 2 nights, so for fear I would turn green and grow one eye, we agreed to stop the beta blocker. He said that people usually have a hard time coming off of this so we'll have to get through the hump to see if it helps. I'm amazed at how long it's taken me to get back to normal, but still so much to be thankful for!
Psalm 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Thank you for all the info. You must have been really alarmed. Please take care and we will continue to pray!
Love,
Sandy for the Schreurs

cHim-prints said...

Love, love, love that verse.
We'll be so happy (and relieved) to hear that you're completely back to normal - no green issues with one-eye things going on.
We continue to pray.

Unknown said...

Karen,

I'm praying for you everyday! It sounds like you are making progress though, even if it's slow.

God bless,
Debra Riley