Thursday, October 14, 2010

Swimming in October

Sunday afternoon the kids begged and begged to go swimming. The temperatures had reached 80 degrees and they were sure the water would feel good ... despite that the lows had been in the 40s for the last week. :P

The story was funny, because when I was 9 and Robbie was 7, we begged Dad to take us swimming ... on a warm, April day. Y'all know where this is going, right? We were convinced that it would be no different then swimming in July. We just knew that water would feel so good! Before he let us go in, Dad made us promise that we would go up to our shoulders before we got out. We STILL shiver when we remember how cold that water was!! If I remember correctly, we did go up to our shoulders, but we did not stay in very long!

So Robbie and I told the kids that the same rule applied ... they had to go up to their shoulders too! Apparently, the water wasn't as cold as when we had our swimming escapade .... since they stayed in quite a bit longer than we did. :)

I apologize for the excess of Lydia pictures here ...










Dad and Robbie and Daniel played football instead. :) It was nice because we pretty much had the beach to ourselves!





Guess her hands weren't waterproof. =)













1 comment:

goatmilker said...

How fun! So nice to get away and just have some fun. Have a great day. Rebekah